Design / Development Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design / Development Engineer to join an established plastics extrusion manufacturer. As Design and Development Engineer you will be a key player in the design of new of new tools and the trialling and development of new extruded profiles. You will have previous experience of tool design using 2D CAD ideally within an extrusion environment or in injection moulding or similar.
This is a rare opportunity to join part of an established tool design and manufacturing team, where your tool design experience will be utilised from day one. This is a role with bags of variety with a considerable periods of time spent in the tool-room preparing designs, hands-on making modifications or in the factory undertaking trials on new extrusion profiles. Due to the nature of the business the role will additionally may involve some customer liaison, therefore the ability to communicate clearly is essential.
To be successful in the role of Design / Development Engineer the following skills and experience are essential:
- Experienced in a mechanical engineering, workshop, environment.
- HNC qualification – Mechanical Engineering or degree equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of 2D CAD. Knowledge of 3D CAD would be beneficial
- Experience with thermoplastics ideally within an extrusion environment
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings, including a clear understanding of engineering tolerances.
- Experienced in workshop techniques – milling, turning, welding.
- Able to measure components accurately using vernier, calliper etc.
- Basic PC skills – use of MS Excel
- Proven experience as a Tooling Design Engineer, within Injection Moulding, Extrusion or other process industry
- Able to manage multiple designs, and organise daily work load against deadlines
Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 17.30, 1 hour lunch daily
Friday 08:00 to 17:00
4 weeks holiday plus statutory holidays